JOIN OUR TEAM
We are excited to add to our growing team at AxeBridge! Submit all resumes to email@example.com.
TASTING ROOM LEAD – CLUB
The Tasting Room Lead’s key responsibility is centered on helping manage the day-to-day sales and customer-facing operations of the tasting rooms. A key task is prepping and closing the tasting room each day. They ensure everything is ready to go for that day’s events and to operate the business. They will be given responsibility outside the tasting room related to events and the execution therein. Leads will work to solve issues as they arise as well as training and monitoring the tasting staff during normal daily operations of the Tasting Room. They will also be involved with growth and decision-making items related to the business. This position will help the Tasting Room Manager with personnel management, oversee the upkeep of the tasting room, and project management on items within the tasting room.
Manage and ensure the daily needs of up keeping the tasting room in coordination with other tasting room managers, sales staff, and general operation of the tasting rooms.
- Ensure staff are following procedures and protocols – policy and guidelines, opening and closing checklists
- Inspection and verify tasting areas inside and outside is kept up to standards for customers in a classy environment – cleaning areas off or ensure staff helps to clean them off, suggest improvements to tasting rooms
- Work with other Tasting managers on monthly tasting staff schedules
- Give feedback and coaching to new and existing tasting staff members
- Help maintain a balance of work with the tasting room manager’s duties
- Work on scheduled routine services – Onsite weekday duties
- Ensure tasting room staff is prepped for the weekend – #1 priority, they know the specials/promotions, offers, and events.
- Administer scheduled seated tastings
- Answering general phone calls and emails
- POS maintenance
- Deep room cleaning of tasting room and tasting rooms equipment
- Opening and closing tasting room during the weekday hours
- Printing and preparing tasting sheets
- Maintaining tasting/group calendar
- Ensure communication to customers is accurate and updated
- Assist with correspondence in an effective and positive manner with club members on a daily basis via email and phone
- Ensure our club software is up to date with member requests and tracking
- Work with Club Steward and owners on Member planned events and Promotions
- Be able to process club member orders and be a recognized face to members when they come to events.
- Event Planner
- Execute scheduled seated tastings
- Host guided tours as an alternative
- Help monitor sales goals for the tasting staff
- Assistant where needed with Tasting Room Manager responsibilities and coverage during vacation
- Brainstorm ways to make Schram a classy, welcoming environment where customers can learn about the wine/beer, taste and compare wines/beer and purchase wines/beer,
- Manages customer flow so all customers feel welcome and receive excellent service
- Maintains staffing levels and sets and communicates around a work schedule
- Be a lead instrument in giving our club members the best service possible at SV
- Lead in house events during execution, ensuring we operate and pick profitable hosted events from inception
All resumes can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE
The tasting room is AxeBridge Wine Co’s window to the public. Guest’s interaction with our staff has a direct impact on their experience with our facility and our brand. Tasting Room Sales Associates conduct the tasting and sale of wine, beer, and non-wine products while providing an exceptional customer experience to each visitor. This position requires excellent communication skills with management, customers, and other associates as well as the ability to converse easily with many people from diverse backgrounds. Sales Associates are also responsible for assisting with special events held both onsite and offsite and includes weekends and some holidays. We are looking for a go-getter to help us grow the Schram brand and be a consistent personality to our guests. This is not just a bartender position. This is an important position for our business and should not be considered simply a “fun job” to applicants. While we do ask that all staff have a good knowledge of wine, we will staff employees to serve where their knowledge and passion are strongest when possible. As a growing and multi-faceted business, associates may have opportunities to expand their role or gain experience in other areas of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and serve guests to include wine/beer tasting and educate in a manner consistent with the Schram Enterprises brand
- Learn our story and sell our wines and beer with enthusiasm maintaining a relaxed environment
- Promote and sign up Club memberships
- Maintain a clean and tidy bar area
- Restocking of wine, changing of kegs
- Meet wine bottle and membership sales goals
- Participate in special club events
- Follow opening and closing procedures to maximize efficiency
- General housekeeping including, but not limited to, sweeping, dishwashing, window cleaning. Availability to workweek hours and weekends
- Communicate with guests, co-workers, and business associates in a courteous and professional manner. Must be people and hospitality oriented
- Inventory Control
- Perform other duties as required
- Maintain positive customer service and team player attitude
- Know and be able to work in the kitchen in a rotating shift
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in customer service
- 2+ years experience in the wine industry or hospitality a plus
- 2+ years experience in sales a plus
- TECHNICAL — Basic working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processors to access information needed
- Ability to use or learn POS and inventory management system in prescribed style and format
- GENERAL — Comprehension of basic mathematics to complete customer transactions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a basic understanding of wine and craft beer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires the use of the computer, phone, and email.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time, 6-20 hours a week in the tasting room – Hourly plus Tips and some sales incentives
All resumes can be submitted via email to email@example.com